Over the last several weeks, ITSM Academy has begun introducing / beta testing our new learner portal; my.itsmacademy.com. The portal extends the classroom experience by providing access to online content and tools to further educate and inspire learners.
- Increases preparedness
- Enhances retention
- Supports exam preparations (where applicable)
- Provides value-add resources
- Expands access to our community of experts and peers
The goal of my.itsmacademy.com is to provide the most efficient and effective learning experience. Whether a learner is participating in a traditional classroom, or joining us in one of our virtual classrooms, they have access to their learning portal.
By including an online component to our education strategy, our learners can actively participate in class preparation, attendance, and have post class access. This blended strategy increases the long-term sustainability of their ITSM education. Attributes include:
- Increase retention and enable exploration through the use of guided online supplemental instruction (learning labs); labs can be completed at a time convenient for the learner
- Traditional Classroom: Extend the learning experience by providing access both pre-and-post class
- Virtual Classroom: Improve the impact and flexibility of virtual instruction; enabling learners to balance their workload and class requirements
- Maximize learner engagement by addressing varying learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic)
- Increase learners’ ability to learn anywhere and at any time through the use of mobile devices
- Gauge and increase learner retention by using embedded assessments and ITSM Academy’s Game On! An Interactive Learning Experience
- Enable self-directed learning by providing learners unlimited access to supplemental online resources
Critical, Action-oriented Thinking
- Supplement classroom lecture with online tools that include hands-on assessments and exercises
- Learning labs support Bloom’s foundational levels of understanding and remembering
- Peer group collaboration projects further promote critical thinking
- Personal Action Plans inspire learners to identify improvement opportunities based on what they are learning throughout the class
We are so excited to roll out the new Learner Portal, that we’ve pre-loaded it with tons of Free Stuff.
Feel free to go visit today, and start your exploration of the cool stuff we’ve already loaded – with tons more to come!
Until your next trip to LisaLand…Happy Exploring!