AXELOS, the ITIL® Accreditor, has recently announced they are working on a Continual Professional Development (CPD) service to support the AXELOS Global Best Practice Portfolio including ITIL.
From their press release…
“The CPD programme will create and establish lifelong personal brand value by enabling individuals to stay current in their knowledge and protect the investment they have made in the AXELOS Global Best Practice qualifications. This best of breed service is designed to be truly customer centric – tailoring professional development to individual needs and allowing an individual to learn in a way that best suits them.”
We will keep you posted as we continue to learn more about their plans.
Until your next trip to LisaLand…Happy Learning!
Guest Host Post – by Donna Knapp (@ITSM_Donna)
ITIL is turning 25 this year…just like me, who knew! 😉
In honor of this milestone, AXELOS commissioned a study (The Importance of ITIL® – A Global View – 2014 and Beyond) to provide a global and independent assessment of the current perception of ITIL, engaging nearly 400 C-Level and medium tier service managers in key international regions across a range of industries.
One of the stated reasons that the study was commissioned is because ITIL’s benefits are being questioned in light of factors such as cloud computing, more advanced automation, and agile. The results of the study reaffirm ITIL’s value, particularly in the eyes of IT executives. In fact, according to the study, just under 70% of executives indicated that ITIL is becoming more important in light of these trends.
Other interesting results presented in the survey include:
- 71% of those surveyed view ITIL as playing a tangible role in supporting the move to DevOps and Agile
- ITIL 2011 adopters are more likely to see ITIL as growing in importance
- 40% of non-2011 respondents plan to move to 2011 soon
- Certification and training was deemed the most valuable resource (over, for example, the core books themselves)
- Having said that…43% of respondents specified ‘too busy’ as their reason for not taking ITIL training (Lisa Note: this is one of the many reasons ITSM Academy is now delivering live, virtual training and supplementing with our Learner Portal!)
- We still have a ways to go, however…only 21% of the organizations surveyed had achieved ‘improved agility and flexibility in provisioning services’ through ITL (Agile Service Management to the rescue!)
Have I peaked your interest?
Click here to check out the complete study.
Until your next visit to LisaLand… Happy ITILing!